Friday, August 8, 2008

No Hank Aaron Run this year.... sad.

I am sad that I cannot do the Hank Aaron run this year (it's tomorrow). It's a nice run and I like that fact that it is at Miller Park. Hopefully next year. I am still training for the Al's Run. I like the fact that I am fundraising for it because that will motivate me to do it even more. I am having some struggles getting ready for it, though. First, working 2 jobs, 2 grad school classes, and numerous summer committments (I know I should not make excuses) I am not having as much time to run as I did last year. I am working on that, however. Also, I am having trouble getting past the 3 mile mark. I know I need to work on my stride and find a pace that I can keep for 5 some miles... yesterday when I was running I all of a sudden became really hot and thirsty and had to stop and walk... how do I keep myself hydrated for that long? Do I just need to drink a lot of water before? Then I feel like I will need to go to the bathroom halfway through! I am still fundraising for the Al's Run, but I lowered my goal amount... if anyone would like to donate to Children's Hospital, it would be much appreciated! I am also looking for others to run with me... so far Ben and Rachel have responded. That's all for now!

No comments: